Do you want to be a guest on Haiku By Two? Here’s what you need to do.
1. Write between 5 and 7 haiku. Follow the traditional 5-7-5 syllable count. The subject matter is up to you; we’re not sticklers for haiku with nature themes. That said, however, we are sticklers for good, clean fun. Nothing naughty, please.
2. Write a 250-word (or about that) bio sharing a little bit of your background information while also describing why you like writing haiku. If you need an example, swing by our About page.
3. Paste your haiku and bio into the body of an email and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with an appropriate subject tag like “Guest Inquiry: John Doe.” We won’t open attachments.
4. Give us a few days to respond. If we like your work, we’ll schedule you as a guest. At this point, we’ll request a headshot to post with your bio.
5. If you’ve got a web site of your own that you’re trying to promote, we’ll gladly post a link back to it in your bio. That’s within reason, though. Remember, we’re all about good, clean fun. No naughty links.
6. Haiku By Two reserves the right to edit a guest bio or point out incorrectly counted syllables in submitted haiku. Haiku By Two also reserves the right to deny a guest application.